Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Dr david. i am 30 years old asian female, i just get my

Customer Question

hi dr david. i am 30 years old asian female, i just get my lipid profile test result:
total cho : 6.6 mmol/L (H)
trig : 0.6 mmol/L (N)
hdl : 1.73 mmol/L (H)
ldl : 4.6 mmol/L (H)
% of hdl : 26.2%
i have no known any other medical condition, dont smoke, normal BP, ideal BMI (lower end), normal fasting blood sugar, no family history of DM/hypertension/heart disease, no alcohol, exercise occasionally. should i be worry abt the tesr result because my cholesterol level is higher than normal?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
This level of cholesterol and LDL cholesterol is moderately concerning. At this level of cholesterol, it is recommended to implement lifestyle changes, but it is not recommended to use medicines to lower the cholesterol. Lifestyle changes would be eating a healthy diet that is low in fat and high in fiver and getting regular aerobic exercise.
However, the LDL is getting close to the level at which treatment is recommended. In someone with no other medical problems, the threshold at which it is recommended to treat with medicines is an LDL of 4.9. If you successfully implement lifestyle changes, then you will likely get better control of the cholesterol and will not exceed the threshold at which treatment is recommended.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.