Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My daughter doesn't like to take a bath I have to force her

Customer Question

My daughter doesn't like to take a bath I have to force her and its only 2 times a month .She thinks that swimming cleans her She won't learn how to take a shower. I'm worried about the chlorine in her hair and her smelly feet sometimes as she plays soccer.
. How can I make her bathe. She wears the same underwear for a week she is 9
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!I agree that she needs to establish better hygiene habits!!I would start by connecting something she wants ( some type reward) could be allowed more game time or trip or privaledge within reason (no bath or shower then NO TO BEING ALLOWED TO GO TO POOL FOR EXAMPLE)Personal hygiene is essential to her long term success and acceptance in the real world!! So I would connect positive reinforcment to her improving her behavior with regard to bathing or showering ... Failure to observe reasonable habits should be met with unpleasant consequences ... Show her out discussion if that may in your opinion be helpful...I agree that this behavior is in need of positive change!I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD