Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Would someone please answer my question

Customer Question

Would someone please answer my question
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
The first thing to do is to get an x ray done and have this examined by a physician for any fractures of the wrist bones.
If there is swelling and bruising then this might be the case.
If you are not near a doctor at the moment, I would suggest that you start on Advil 400 mg thrice a day, massage Ibuprofen liquigel four times a day over the hand and the wrist up to the mid forearm. Also keep the hand wrapped in a wrist brace or crepe bandage with elevation over two pillows while you lie down and above the level of the heart while you sit. Do not use your hand until fractures have been ruled out. All the above medication are OTC and your pharmacy can help you with these.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Let me know if you have any queries about this.
Best wishes.