Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have cancer and congestive heart failure, my husband had

Customer Question

i have cancer and congestive heart failure, my husband had a fight with my family doctor and so now she wont see me. i have been out of heart meds, which are many for a few months. i have been passing out and falling and broke both feet both ankle and crushed a heel and 5 toes. i just got out of a wheel chair. I cant get in to see a doctor here for weeks and i think i need to refill these heart meds now. can someone there help me. nothing is narcotic just heart meds.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is a question and answer site.
Any site that might do a refill, from what I have seen, is going to be iffy and very expensive. [400 dollars minimum is the last one I saw], and most are not legal.
Do you have an urgent care you can go to?
What city state?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm in michigan, we have urgant care and i have a local clinic like thing but they wont refill me even though i have all my medical folders, med lists, home nursing forms from when they had to come when i was in the chair. and its just heart meds...not druggy drugs...so i dont get it. and you can see my tumors, this isnt my first time, i already had cancer 4 years ago and had surgery and treatment and still on tamoxifin or however its spelled. and now it came back. and i'm not going to be treated for it agin because the last treatment killed my ability to make red cells from the little marrow i have left. i walk into a hospital and they hit me with 6 bags of blood, and thats a good day. i run on 6 to 10 cells per count. so i'm not looking to get high, i'm looking to keep my heart beating.
We can not fill your meds here, and I do not think that given the complexity of the situation, anyone on line, even telemedicine, is going to take responsibility for your case.
Clearly you have specialists given your conditions...why have they not filled your meds if this is emergent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
plus for all the pain i'm in i have to take 3-325 bayer asprin every 4 hours because i refused the narcotics and i wont do tylonol or other poison. and now from months of doing that i have bruising all over my body. when i went to the emergency room 2 months ago they actually called the cops to ask if my husband was beating me. but he isnt i just wake up with huge bruising
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because i have blue care network and not normal blue cross blue shield, thats my only reasoning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do i just saw the oncologist/hemo docs but they need to do 10 tests before they make sure i'm strong enough for any drugs....really i'm walking 5 feet to a bathroom and my heart just says opps go to sleep now and i fall down
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your reply.
Which tests do they want to do? And why do you don't want to do them? Did you see a family physician?