Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What does it mean when you Eos (Ablolute ) when it is .5 look

Customer Question

What does it mean when you Eos (Ablolute ) when it is .5 look its great that you responded but i cant afford more dr fees. Im disabled and t=wo chldren having majpr surgey this summer
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
An absolute eosinophil level of 0.5 is normal in our lab, so it would not mean anything.
Since you are asking about it, it is apparently was marked as outside of the normal range in this lab, but it is still likely close to the upper limit of the normal range, so also is not a concern.
If the eosinophil count were higher, it could be due to allergies or certain infections, but whether these conditions warranted treatment would depend upon what other symptoms are being caused by the condition.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.