Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

Dr. Bray - My husband is having a fluttering in his chest -

Customer Question

Dr. Bray - My husband is having a fluttering in his chest - on the left side of the left nipple - which he describes as similar to when you get an eyelid twitch. He has had it all day - since he did some yard work yesterday evening, in fact. He has no
pain. His bp is 136/90 - it usually runs about 130/74. His pulse is 65 and usually runs about 58. He is 75 and in good health except for arthritis. He won't agree to go get it checked because he says although it is frequent he has no other problem and no pain.
Any thoughts? Thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question,If heart rate checked with help of pulse and blood pressure monitor is 65/minute then these symptoms are due to stress/anxiety.Red flag symptoms include dizziness, blackouts, fainting. Any such symptoms should be dealt as early visit to emergency.In absence of these symptoms it is simply anxiety/stress which is causing these symptoms of fluttering.Let me know if you have questions, thank you.