Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Last night my nose felt stuffy and when I blew it, a large

Customer Question

Last night my nose felt stuffy and when I blew it, a large blood clot came out with slight bleeding that didn't last but a few minutes. I used Simply Saline nose spray a few minutes later and there was a slight burning sensation. A few minutes ago, I experienced the same thing, only on a much smaller scale. It wasn't as much of a clot, but rather more like a think string of blood. Both times, there was no blood dripping from my nose and it stopped after just a few minutes. Also, I have a slight headache after these episodes. I am curious where this clotting is coming from. I assume it's my sinuses, but don't know for sure.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
it sounds like you most likely have a bad sinus infection which can cause headaches and bloody nose.
you should see a doctor or go to the urgent care center
you might need a course of antibiotics to help clear up a sinus infection
you might need allergy medications like allegra or zyrtec and also steroid nasal spray like nasonex or flonase or nasocort to help calm down sinus inflammation
do you have a doctor you can see who can check your sinuses and see if you have a sinus infection?