Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I am experiencing rib pain both in my right chest as well as

Customer Question

i am experiencing rib pain both in my right chest as well as back..it feels as though it wraps around...i have breast implants for sven years and it does feel as if my implant has pushed up high into my pec muscle/armpit..could this bee the cause ? I have had chirpratic, acupuncture, massage..nothing will take this pain away. not sure what to do next ...im never in pain like this
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello! When did this pain start? So you have shortness of breath? Do you have a rapid pulse? Any swelling of the legs? Any cough?Does it hurt to take a deep breath?The pain distribution could be due to the lung ...as most serious possibility a blood cloth to lung may cause pain in side to chest ...if this is possible then you should go right away to ER for evaluation and treatment...Have you had recent cough or cold symptoms? The pain could be due to inflammation of the lining between lung and chest wall...pleuritis...this may respond to an anti-inflammatory medicine ...Aleve 1 to w tablets twice a day with food pneumonia could be a cause as the infection of the lung may hurt. you would likely have fever with this. shortness of breath as well.. Shingles may be a cause. this may wrap from back to front. watch for rash. skin may be very sensitive to touch. Early diagnosis and treatment would be very helpful if shingles .Early treatment may help you to avoid prolonged pain such as you had a burn injury...post herpetic neuralgia... if uncertain then just play it safe and go to ER ...certain causes of this pain could be fatal such as pulmonary embolism. So it is not a trivial symptom at all...I hope that this is helpful.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards! Anthony Bray MD