Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

6 years now, I have been nautious sometimes to the

Customer Question

For about 6 years now, I have been nautious sometimes to the point where I throw up even though I have eaten very little. It is very frustrating because I have missed work and especially my kids activities. This began approximately 6 years ago. I have seen my doctor and have had an ultrasound of my entire body(thinking cancer), an upper GI and my gall bladder has also been checked. All have come back fine. The doctor who performed by upper GI said the only option would be to see a gastro doctor but didn't think they would find anything. THe same doctor went on-line and found what is called cyclic vomiting (a mild case). I have been taking Co-Q10 (200 Mg) twice per day for about 2 years now. Symptoms are not as bad but I still get this every once in a while and in fact do have it now. I don't think it's cyclic vomiting. Can you please provide some possible insight?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
you should see a GI gastroenterologist
you need a barium swallow study and small bowel follow through
you also need a gastric emptying fluoroscopy study to check for gastroparesis which is delayed stomach emptying which can cause nausea and vomiting.
you need testing to check for H Pylori bacteria in your stomach.
you need an MRI scan of the brain to check for pressure in the brain which can cause nausea and sporatic vomiting
so you need more testing to find out why you are having this vomiting
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com