DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My name is***** St. Petersburg, Fl.. This

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** St. Petersburg, Fl.. This is an orthopaedic question. I had a bipolar prosthesis (R hip) in March 2014. Approximately 3 months later I dislocated my hip. , I had expressed that I wanted another Dr.. He refused to allow another Dr. To relocate my hip. My hip has been in pain and I knew something was seriously wrong. I had my nero-somatic therapist send me to an independent radiologist and the Dr. Told me I had my prosthesis broke. The cable was detached and the ring had migrated. My abductor minimus and medius had as well detached. I went to 3 Drs. The first Dr. was honest, and had no idea how to repair my problem! A revision hip Dr. Said a total hip! Another specialist in Tampa said get rid of broken parts, the integrity of my hip would be a lot more stable as opposed to the Total hip. I am interested if the Dr.'s @ Mayo Clinic do possibly grafts and maybe can find a way to reattach my abductors! I am desperate to get healthy again, I walk with a waddle and have been told that will not go away and or I will not play golf or do anything athletic! Any direction that I should look into would be deeply appreciated you, Sincerly, Kathy Yanchuck
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I am not sure why you are not replacing the parts as recommended?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Have not heard back from you.
No specific graft is used in this situation.
I have checked with a surgeon on this as well.
Total hip replacement appears to be the consensus.
Just replacing parts dos not complete the task.
Of course you can get the opinion of mayo.
You can request an appointment here.
http://www.mayoclinic.org/departments-centers/orthopedic-surgery/home/orc-20126749
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.