Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I LIVE NEXT TO A ELECTRIC LIGHT RAIL WHICH

Customer Question

I LIVE NEXT TO A ELECTRIC LIGHT RAIL WHICH PRODUCES A HUGE ELECTRICAL FIELD DAMAGING MY BRAIN WHICH HAS BEEN SUFFERING FROM PARKINSON DISEASE. A RECENT SCAN OF MY BRAIN SHOWS IT SEVERELY "FRIED"! IN ADDITION TO THE "FREE RADICALS FURTHER DAMAGJING THE BRAIN WHATS LEFT, THE BLACK ASPHALT HEATS UP AND THE APARTMENT GROUND FLOOR ACTS AS A HEAT SINK RETAINING HEAT IN MY BEDROOM HIGHER THAN THE THERMOSTAT FURTHER INSIDE INDICATES. (OR IS COLDER). MY MEDICATION HAS BEC0ME LESS EFFECTIVE OVER THE YEARS AND IS DESTROYING MY INTESTINAL TRACK. MY DIGESTIVE SYSTEM CANNOT DIGEST DRY PILLS, ETC. IT HURTS. THE WORST SYMPTOM NOWIS MY ROTTEN INSTITUTIONAL DIET, NO FIBER, F0R ELEMINATION, MY KIDNEYS, COLON, CANNOT URINATE JUST LATELY BECAUSE I CAN ACTUALLY HEAR AND FEEL THE MICROWAVES FROM THE ELECTRICAL FIELD AND WIFI OUTSIDE DOOR BROILING ME TO DEATH. MY HEART AND ABDOMINAL AREA WRITH IN PAIN. I THINK I HAVING CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE, CLOSE TO ***** AND THE NOISE, CONSTANT CLANG CLANG CLANG UP AND DOWN THE TRACK KEEPS ME AWAKE! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THERE ANY SHIELDING TO BLOCK THE ELECTRICAL MAGNETIC SHIELD FROM COOKING ME TO DEATH? I ALMOST DIED TONITE, TOOK A STRONG SLEEP AID EARLY TO SURVIVE TILL THE LIGHT RAIL SHUTS DOWN, BUT TOMORROW IT WILL START AGAIN' ANY PRODUCTS, SHIELDING INFO WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. YOU MAY SAVE MY LIFE;
LEE ***********
Category: Medical
Expert:  LongTermTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
It sounds as if you have a severe problem with some aspect of your health care or diet. I am not competent to diagnose such matters, though I could make a guess... so I am recommending to the JustAnswer.com system, that your question be sent to the Medical category.
But your question is basically a legitimate query about electrical 'emanations' or magnetic fields.
Shielding from radio waves and magnetic influence would be difficult. You would pretty much have to have a grounded shielding made of ferromagentic metal encasing your rooms. This would require absurd amounts of expense and effort, and might be summarized as either
- "wallpaper your rooms inside with aluminum foil or steel sheets, then make a well-grounded connection of the entire extent of that shielding, to block radio waves at least"
or
- "redo the entire house so as to have metal shielding inside the walls," (etc. as if the other choice, RE grounding the shield.)
Since this is completely impractical, no doubt (for one thing, your windows would have to have special screening too, since a fine wire mesh will block radio waves above a certain wavelength i.e. all but the shortest wavelengths, but only if it is thoroughly and well
'grounded' in the electrical sense), it may be that the only recourse if radio noise were indeed the problem, would be to move to a different location.
Be it noted: the strength of radio waves diminish as the square of the distance... in common terms this means that distance is as good as shielding, provided you are (for instance) 10 times farther away from the radio noise source, you will have 1/100th (1 divided by 10-times-10) of the strength of radio noise.
So even being 20 feet farther away might (if you are about 20 feet away at closest) diminish the radio noise and electromagnetic spectrum and magnetic flux to 1/4 of its strength.
A last note: Health-care and medical fields are not my area of specialty, but if you are breathing ozone from electric arcs in the light rail system, your health could suffer. Sparks produce ozone, basically, as well as radio frequency noise.
And another idea: if you have an AM radio, it can be used as a (broad-spectrum) radio noise monitor. Just tune it to any station, and listen to what static, 'zap' or 'click' noises there might be mixed in with the station's common programming, and that noise indicates the radio noise extent in the region of the AM radio. IF the channel doesn't come through at all at times, that's severe-enough radio noise right there. But if the channel is by and large free of noise, there isn't really much radio frequency noise in the vicinity.
I have recommended this question be switched into the general Medical or Health category of JustAnswer.com, and a specialist in that area will I hope pick up on the question soon enough. Allow me to wish you good luck.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
HI, we have moved your question to the Medical category. Thank you for your patience as we find the right Expert to help you with your question.
Camille - Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.
The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.
I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS