Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a pacemaker/ defribll ..... and when the pacemaker kicks

Customer Question

I have a pacemaker/ defribll ..... and when the pacemaker kicks in my chest inside get real hot. The Dr. says this is not possible. I have a Boston S. and the third lead was turned off because it threw my heart out of sequence. I was hit over 17 times before it return to normal. my heart is atill not what it should be and now they tell me that it will be in August before they can either redo it or replace it due to the surgeons is backed up. I understand this but I too would like to feel better. So what should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
it is absolutely possible you are feeling your pacemaker work in your chest.
some people say they feel a "kick" in their chest when a pacemaker shocks your heart to defibrilate back into normal heart rhythm.
you could be feeling that your chest is really hot when your pacemaker kicks in .
I hope you can get your pacemaker checked and replaced as soon as possible
but until then, it sounds like your pacemaker is working and kicking in when it needs to.
August is just a little more than a month away
keep calling up the surgeon's office to see if they have any opening spots which open up to see if you can get your procedure scheduled earlier.
let me know if you have questions.