Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

80 yrs. of age,feel fine but have lost my energy level. is

Customer Question

80 yrs. of age,feel fine but have lost my energy level. is there any thing i can do to improve my energy, or just blame it on age.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your question.
Do you suffer from any medical condition? Do you take any daily medications? Have you had any investigations done? What were the results?
What were you able to do before which you can't do now? How is your appetite? Do you do any exercises daily?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
onnly severe back pain,waiting to see a special dr..other than that is flomax for swollen prostate.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your reply.
The severe back pain is probably the cause for your loss of energy. The pain is causing you to restrict your activities. Hence treating it will be beneficial.
However I would also suggest certain investigations to look for conditions that may cause fatigue. A complete blood count will look for anemia which can cause fatigue even after mild activity. A fasting blood glucose level is required since this will look for diabetes which can cause fatigue. A thyroid function test will look for low thyroid hormones which can also cause fatigue.
Also you need to many sure that you have a balanced meal and adequate nutrition and water intake since malnutrition may cause easy fatigability. Also after your back pain is resolved please consult a physiotherapist for back pain. Also ask your doctor whether you can do daily exercises and also daily walking since this will be beneficial and will increase your energy levels.
Take care.