Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

All the ackd reflux meds I try give me diarrhea..Any suggestions

Customer Question

All the ackd reflux meds I try give me diarrhea..Any suggestions ? Frankie
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, There are several separate CLASSES of medicines helpful for reflux.. What have you tried so far??PPI CLASS includes over the counter Nexium, Prevacid, Prilosec plus prescription varieties..H2 BLOCKER CLASS -- Includes Zantac, Axid,PepcidANTACIDS-- Tums, My pants If you have diarrhea regardless of what you Take them another cause of your diarrhea should be sought...you may want to consult a gastroenterologist... you may have IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome) may be a cause.. other causes may be considered such as lower GI infection or inflammatory bowel disease... I hope that this is helpful . Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards, ***** ***** MD
Mylanta turned into my pants by spellcheck...sorry...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello again --It is also worth mentioning that you would benefit from REFLUX PRECATIONS--- wait 1 and 1/2 hour after you eat before you lie down. Elevate the head of bed in blocks 4 to 6 inches .... Avoid hot spicy foods...coffee...alcoholic drinks....anti-inflammatory medicines such as Aleve , aspirin, Advil I hope that this is helpful for you .Let me know if you have further questions. the phone conversation option is open to you as well. Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD