Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Please just look at his photo. I've had no trauma to my leg.

Customer Question

Please just look at his photo. I've had no trauma to my leg. This is today, the stain on my sock is fluid coming from my pours. Underneath my sock I'm black and blue
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your question.
Please consult your doctor as soon as possible or go to the ER, since I think this is due to cellulitis which is a streptococcal or staphylococcal infection that usually affects the legs. Cellulitis will produce swelling in the leg and orange peel skin along with redness, warmth, and tenderness in the infected area. This needs to be treated with antibiotics.
Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doc, I'm an american working in the Czech republic. Because of this website I was in Czech ER Saturday night. They ruled out via ultra sound a blood clot, and through blood tests an infection. This situation has not improved. Should I go to a different ER for another opinion?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your reply.
The symptoms might have not been so obvious then, hence with your present symptom as seen in the picture and the appearance of the skin the doctor will make the diagnosis.
Blood tests are not specific, and will not rule out an infection, especially if the infection is localized to the leg and not causing systemic symptoms such as increased heart rate and fever. In fact with the typical appearance no investigations may be required or a wound culture of the fluid that is coming out may be done.
Hence go to the same ER or a different ER and tell them that you have shown the picture to a doctor and the doctor is suspecting cellulitis and then ask their opinion. However I am certain that they will start you on antibiotics after examining you.
Take care.