Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Ihad a boil didn't know what it was.. The walkin lanced the

Customer Question

ihad a boil didn't know what it was.. The walkin lanced the infected Boil. but didn't take culture.. They have treated me like it is mrsa.. I have been on Bactrim-ds.. First saw dr on wed. And follow up on Friday.. I have been getting chills last night and neck ache and headache and temp99.4- 100.1 this am.. Should I go to we or back to walkin?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I went to walkin for follow up on Friday.. No temp but did later that day even with takin Tylenol extra. And same up to this am .. Took one Tylenol at 3am.. And temp was taken at 8am .. 99.9-100.1
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Having taken the antibiotic for a few days like you have, and then having fever with chills, most likely means that you are not responding appropriately to the antibiotic which may require a change.
I would therefore recommend that you be seen again because you may require a different antibiotic.
A culture should have been taken at the time the boil was lanced.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.
Kind regards