Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had many tests pain in my lower right quadrant..Nothing

Customer Question

I have had many tests for the pain in my lower right quadrant..Nothing was said re: a kink in intestine, I recall my deceased father had surgery on one.
I am am an 83 yr. old female. Vital signs all very good.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
If there is in fact a twist in your intestine and the pain is in the right lower quadrant, the most relevant test will be a CT scan of the abdomen with double contrast. Since, the colonoscope can hardly reach up to the first part of the large intestine that is the cecum. At the right lower quadrant is the junction of the small and the large intestine, the ileum connects to the cecum and if the kink is at this place, a colonoscopy nor a barium follow through will be able to delineate that.
I would suggest that you ask your doctor for a CT scan of the abdomen since that will rule out other pathologies like diverticula, chronic appendicitis, appendicular mass, ovarian and fallopian tube pathologies as well as ureteric stones etc. all of which present with right lower quadrant pain.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Let me know if you have other queries about this.
Best.