Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

What are the chances of a 40 year pld woman who has congested

Customer Question

What are the chances of a 40 year pld woman who has congested heart failure whos heart is at 25 percent in strentgh i belive they said .what are the chances of that woman giving birth .having a baby..
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
That is indeed a very low ejection fraction and pregnancy with cardiomyopathy is associated with a significant decrease in left ventricular function and can result in clinical deterioration and even death.
The chances of successful pregnancy and delivery depend and vary from case to case and I would suggest that you consult her Ob/Gyn and a cardiologist to further optimize her cardiac status so that she can undergo the pregnancy without causing a significant health risk to herself.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best.