Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I fell on the leg of a chair about 13 months ago and since

Customer Question

I fell on the leg of a chair about 13 months ago and since then a recurring cyst comes back in the middle of my buttock cheek. It gets to the size a little bigger than a half-a-dollar. Also, it is very painful to walk, sit and lay down. The cyst eventually breaks and drains. I'm fine until the next one comes back in the same location. Two questions: when it reappears should I have it surgically removed along with the core? And medically speaking why did the fall cause this? Just your opinion, I was bending over to pick something up and the chair is on 5 very fast rolling wheels and it slid from under me. I have more than 20+witnesses. Would the owner of this building be responsible to cover any possible medical bills. What would you advise your patient yes or no? Thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries
Do you have a picture of the cyst by any chance that you could attach here.
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes how do I send it to you?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You can either attach it here by clicking on the paperclip button in the toolbar at your end if you see one or if you cannot attach it here then you can go to www.tinypic.com upload your picture and then send me the URL.
Alternatively you can accept the additional services offer and I will send you my private email address where you can send it.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see a check image.jgp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Second one
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
when it reappears should I have it surgically removed along with the core?
Yes you should consult your surgeon for this and possibly have it surgically removed so that it does not happen happen again.
You most likely have what is called as a sinus which is kind of a sac that gets a repeated infection.
So the entire sac will most likely need to be removed.
And medically speaking why did the fall cause this?
Sometimes, when one falls the skin of the buttock is presses and a bit of it goes inside or some bacteria go inside which cause an infection leading to a cavity formation which is called a sinus.
This can become repeatedly infected and may require removal i.e. surgery.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options when you are done.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The one thing you didn't answer yes or no to......would the owner be responsible to cover my costs? I have over 20+ witnesses and had to be assisted in getting up.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure about the owner thing and you have to ask a lawyer for this.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Rate me when you are done asking.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr shahada I'm curious what is your first name
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Shahzad is my first name and Ahmed is my last name.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below as that is the only way I am credited here for helping you out.
Kind regards