Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I was diaganosed with high blood pressure on June 3 of this

Customer Question

I was diaganosed with high blood pressure on June 3 of this year. It was 205 over 112, I was put on a low does medication to bring it down slowly up until June 12 where my blood pressure was down to 185 over 92. On June 12 my doctor had me change my blood pressure medicine to continue to lower my pressure. Last night my blood pressure was down to 166 over 82. I have been exhausted this last three days and this morning I have been having been feeling dizzy, woozy and bouts of nausea. I am guessing that my body is feeling this way because it has been used to over 200 and now that my blood pressure in lowering I am suffering from the symptoms of low blood pressure. Should I contact my doctor about this or take it easy and let my body adjust?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
you should let your doctor know you are having symptoms of dizziness and bouts of nausea
you need to make sure you drink enough water and fluids during the day
and avoid alcohol and caffeine in your diet which can cause dehydration.
do let your doctor know your symptoms
but your symptoms should get better with time as your doctor works with you to continue to lower your blood pressure
your body will eventually get use to your lower blood pressure
also work on avoiding too much salt in your diet which can also drive up your blood pressure.
best of luck to you
let me know if you have questions.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I have a different opinion. This is more serious that you think. Low blood pressure can cause less blood flow to the brain. That can trigger a ischemic stroke. Your symptoms suggest an evolving stroke. You should go to the ER without delay for further evaluation. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****