Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

I am a 21 year old college student, and I was prescribed

Customer Question

Hello. I am a 21 year old college student, and I was prescribed adderall by my doctor about 8 months ago. After my prescription was administered to me he told me I must come back for an appointment the following month. Finding out that I did not have health insurance, I was having difficulties paying my medical bills. With that being the case, I did not return the following month for my prescription because of my financial issues. I now have all of my over-due medical bills paid, and am on financial assistance. With everything being squared away, would I be allowed to return to my doctor, discuss this with him, and get back on my medication. This doctor is the one that gave me my tests, and diagnosed me based on my medical history.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.
Greetings.
Welcome to the site.
Well, you lost out on the regular follow up with your prescribing doctor because of a genuine financial crunch which could have been the case with any one for that matter. I believe if you can explain your predicament to your doctor then he will most likely take you back since your is a genuine case however, you could have handled it better by informing your doctor back then when you were scheduled for next follow up that due to genuine financial constraints you could not afford treatment but you would come back as soon as the finances get sorted, this would have helped your case better, although it is not too late now, so you can explain all of your genuine problems which you faced that prevented you from seeking regular treatment, hopefully the doctor will understand and will resume your prescription after a necessary re-valuation about your current condition. You need to take all your last prescriptions and clinical papers including evaluation reports and investigations so as to help the doctor reassess you well which only will pave way for next steps of treatment plan.
I hope this helps.
Wish you all the best.
Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer.
Regards