Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I started with an up and down fever Monday thru Tuesday night

Customer Question

I started with an up and down fever Monday thru Tuesday night and then moved to severe diaherra for about 36 hours. Top Tempature was 101.7. Also had a chest rash for about 12 hours on Tuesday only.
Today I feel good with no fever and have been able to drink and eat without it immediately passing through me.
But I have a new, more concerning symptom that I have never had with other bouts of gastroentinitis. Today (12 hours), I have sudden urge to poop about every 20 minutes but it is very painful and difficult and for the most part all I am squeezing out is a little blood. Sometimes a mix of blood and scraps. It almost feels like a rectal dry heave of sorts.
Does this sound normal?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
No.
Although it could simply be hemorrhoids, it also might indicate an invasive infection.
You need an exam, and stool samples to be tested.
Go see the doctor now.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.