Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My fiance experiences bloating after she eats most of the time.

Customer Question

My fiance experiences bloating after she eats most of the time. When the bloating occurs she has pain on her left side of rib to her belly button. After time the swelling goes down. She has a history of acid reflux but says that's not the cause.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

it sounds like she is having inflammation of your stomach after she eats since the stomach is on the left side below the ribs.

certain foods such as spicy foods, alcohol, sodas, tomato sauce, oily foods, fried foods, acidic juices, black pepper can cause worse stomach inflammation, usually by causing the stomach to produce excessive stomach acid.

she might have to avoid these foods to help

she should also see a doctor to get testing to check for H Pylori bacteria in the stomach which can cause worse stomach inflammation.

there are also stomach acid blockers such as prilosec and nexium which can help decrease stomach acid.

does she have health insurance to be able to see a doctor to get testing for H Pylori in the stomach?