Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am having a lot of gas and bloating. what could be wrong

Customer Question

i am having a lot of gas and bloating. what could be wrong with me
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
excessive gas and bloating can come from many issues
some patients develop allergies to certain foods like gluten allergies or sensitivities or lactose allergies can cause lots of gas and bloating. you can get test to check for gluten allergy (celiac spruce disorder) and avoiding gluten in your diet or milk sugar lactose or milk protein casein in your diet could help
you could have a colitis inflammation of your bowels which can cause gas and bloating. a colonoscopy can look inside and look for inflammation of your colon lining. a biopsy of your colon lining could help. when was your last colonoscopy.
some patients can get bacterial overgrowth of their small bowels which can cause excessive gas and bloating. a breath hydrogen test can sometimes help with this.
you could be having sensitives to certain oils or preservatives in your food. you might have to avoid canola oil or peanut oil which can often irritate the bowels. extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil could be better for you.
let me know if you have questions.