Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I burped up a small amount of stomach contents while I was

Customer Question

I burped up a small amount of stomach contents while I was asleep, it woke me up. Now today my throat is really irritated, worst when I swallow. What should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is acid reflux. The acidic content made your throat worse. In this case, the first thing you need to do is to take sips of cold milk. Moreover taking over the counter tab ranitidine twice daily and tab Tylenol thrice daily for five days can help you a lot. Avoid tea, coffee, spicy foods and alcohol for few days. Don't worry, it is not serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards