Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have severe episodes of Itching. Not on the surface of the

Customer Question

I have severe episodes of Itching. Not on the surface of the skin, but I describe it as "Itching from the inside out". it gets so bad, that I have trouble breathing, and often get headaches/stomach aches (due to not breathing properly?) The only way I get relief is by taking liquid BENEDRYL, which completely knocks me out and leaves me with a "hung over" feeling a good part of the next day. I am a 52 year old white female in very good health. I was diagnosed many years ago with SARCOIDOSIS, but other than asthma like symptoms (when subjected to certain inhalants) haven't really had any other issues. I have asked many Drs.(none of which have heard of this or know what kind of Dr. I need to see for it) Can you help?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I am Dr.Abid a Medical Internist and will help you out.
It would be ideal for you to consult Allergist / Immunologist who deals with such kind of problems .
You may need some test to like skin prick test for allergies and some blood test for proper diagnosis and treatment accordingly .
Please proceed as I advised you .
Regards ***** ***** luck .
Please leave positive feedback for me .
Thanks .