Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have splinter hemmorages on probably 5 or 6 of my nails. I

Customer Question

I have splinter hemmorages on probably 5 or 6 of my nails. I had acrylic put on and I noticed after I had a fill in done. They weren't there before. Is it the trauma from that electric file they use? Is it something I need to see the dr about??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Is it the trauma from that electric file they use?
Yes it is most likely related to trauma particularly since you did not have them before.
Is it something I need to see the dr about??
From what you are mentioning it seems HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be anything serious or anything to worry about at all.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Rate me when done.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw it said if you have it on more than one nail to see a dr. But i know they weren't there before because I would a seen them. Everytime I get my nails done I notice I will get one. This time I have it on alot of nails though. What would cause it without the trauma? I'm sure it is from the drill....just curious.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Well, the serious condition that is associated with splinter hemorrhages is infective endocarditis which is a serious infection of the heart.
But if you had that you would be having fever, heart murmur along with other symptoms.