Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My doctor has recently cut me off rx I need particular

Customer Question

My doctor has recently cut me off rx I need for my particular health problems due to my insurance & hospital I belong to-these are not opiates-I still get those at an extremely reduced amount. I've been on soma for 25 yrs it is the only thing that helps with my muscle degeneration and I had no detox when I went off but now my body is wracked with constant muscle spasms/Charlie horses all over my body
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It is not clear what question you are asking.
What information would be helpful?
I had not heard back from my request for clarification.
If you are asking what can be done to try to be able to get Soma covered through your insurance, it would require an appeal of a coverage decision. When an insurance company refuses to cover a certain medicine, it is usually because it has made a decision to cover only certain medicines on their formulary and exclude others. Although the appeal process will differ slightly from one insurance to another, it is usually necessary to document that you have tried the drugs that are approved for the formulary and that these drugs were not successful. It is usually necessary to send medical records and/or a letter from your physician documenting the use of the medicines on the formulary and the clinical assessments while on these drugs.
If you are seeking different information, please let me know.