Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I hAVE SYMPOMS THAT MIMIC LUPUS -- 3 DOCTORS TOLD ME I HAVE

Customer Question

I hAVE SYMPOMS THAT MIMIC LUPUS -- 3 DOCTORS TOLD ME I HAVE LUPUS BUT NEVER FOLLOWED UP WITH FINAL TESTING. I CAN'T FIND A RHEUMATOLOGIST THROUGH RECOMMENDATIIONS FOR ONE, NOT EVEN PRIMARY DRS. I HaVE HAD SO MANY PROB LEMS WITH DRS AND HOSPITALS THAT I'M AFRAID OF SEEING DR BLINDLY. HOW CaN I FIND GOOD ONE?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello --
What symptoms have you had?
What tests have you had?
What area do you live in?
Do you know any nurses that work in your area?
What about your primary care doctor?
I would probably start to ask your PCP for referral...
You may check a given recommendation with nursing staff that you may know for one...
You may check online rating sites such as Healthgrades.com...
If you are near a tertiary care center ( large hospital with Teaching such as medical school and residency programs are generally with many doctors that may be best in field....)
Examples of these may include examples such as Duke, Vanderbuilt, Cleveland clinic , UCLA, etc....
You should be able to find a good and competent rheumatologist reasonably near you....
I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further information or questions or discussion. I will be happy to get back with you.
Lupus of course is an autoimmune disease which may affect different tissues such as skin or kidneys...
If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD