Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've been seeing a cardiologist blood pressure for

Customer Question

I've been seeing a cardiologist for high blood pressure for one year know. He hasn't changed my medication which I've been on the same ones for over five years. He has scheduled the typical tests and blood work. I'm concerned that my blood pressure is still high, no change, and my glucose has been extremely high. He never warned me last year when the blood work was done. Now this batch showed it was high also. I've gone a year with high glucose. He wants to do a right heart catheridization but wants to wait until October after another echogram to be done. I feel like I'm not important all along a stroke or worse is waiting for me. Time to find another doctor, right??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
I agree with you.
High blood sugar is a risk factor for heart attack, stroke an other complications.
High blood pressure also should be addressed properly.
Your current medications should be reviewed and adjusted as needed.
And importantly, you need to be on medication for diabetes as well.
You should look for a good internist in your area who can manage your blood pressure and diabetes both.
You can look for endocrinologist and a different cardiologist as per your convenience.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)