Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

On June 24 I am going to have an MRI done of my abdomen and

Customer Question

On June 24 I am going to have an MRI done of my abdomen and I asked the radiologist if I need to do any preparation for it and he said no. The day of it when I arrive for the MRI will I have to drink anything that taste horrible so the pictures show up better.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
You will not have to drink anything that's horrible for the MRI pictures to show up better.
If it is a plain MRI you will not require any preparation.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below as that is the only way I am credited here for helping you out.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If my MRI is scheduled for 8:30am through the Veterans Affairs how long do you think it will take till I get my results from my MRI. When I had my CT Scan my primary care doctor called me the same day. But with this MRI it is ordered by a surgeon so a different doctor.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
It can take up to two to three days for the result to be prepared depending on the number of reports that the radiologists have the prepare i.e. it depends on his workload. Usually two to three days for MRI report at the most.
Please rate me before we proceed.
Kind regards