Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Jan this year I was in the hospital with acute Renal Failure

Customer Question

Jan this year I was in the hospital with acute Renal Failure which a sence resolved. GFR is now 79 and Bun and Creat well with in normal levels on multiple lad draws UA and C&S also negative. I am still having squeezing discomfort around both kidneys. I am also on diuretics for leg swell not related to CHF. CT was negative for stones however it was done without contrast. Do you have any insight on if and when this discomfort will stop.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Can you describe where specifically the pain is located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, most of the pain is left back just under rib cage. And to a lesser exstant on my front right side just below rib cage.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
That sounds like the area of the kidneys. It is good that your renal function is normal. I would think your Dr would want to repeat the ct or do an ultrasound to be sure nothing else is abnormal