Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have just noticed my belly button is turning purple. I don't

Customer Question

I have just noticed my belly button is turning purple. I don't drink or do drugs. My stomach has become bloated over the last 3 months.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?
is there any pain?
Have you had any trauma?
Do you take any medication or have any medical problems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pain, and I haven't suffered any trauma. I have an underactive thyroid that has been medically controlled for 6 years. I noticed a small purple dot on my belly button 2 weeks ago and its getting larger, my belly button seems flatter/ more stretched than it normally was.
Can you upload a picture of the lesion?
Please see this helpful page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Or you can use this site:
Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.
Go to www.tinypic.com
Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.
This opens up files on your computer. Double click on the picture you want to upload then hit open (bottom right of the screen). This will take you back to the tinypic page. Hit "upload now" then do the secret code thing and your picture will upload into the system.
Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.
Copy the link from inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.