Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Ok i have been having some issues. i have a swollen lymph node

Customer Question

ok i have been having some issues. i have a swollen lymph node on my neck and under my arm pit it doesnt hurt but they are noticeable. i have also had some dramatic weight loss and night sweats. i have no appetite and this have been going on for 4 weeks now. i went to the drs and they said blood test was normal just a little anemic. but then today i have been having this weird feeling in my throat like its hard to swallow and something is just tight and weird by my collar bone. should i go to the dr again? or can all this be caused by being anemic?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
With dramatic weight loss and night sweats the first thing that I would do is to have a lymph node biopsy done.
A lymph node biopsy will rule out anything serious like a lymphoma which is a cancer of the lymph nodes.
Other causes of such lymph node enlargement includes a chronic infection such as tuberculosis (which is rare but should be ruled out).
So the main thing is you need to have this evaluated further ASAP and you need further tests like a lymph node biopsy to rule out anything serious.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kind regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below as that is the only way I am credited for helping you out.
Kind regards