Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I had hernia surgery five months ago. I have been lifting and lifted hard Fridaybut feel

Customer Question

I had hernia surgery five months ago. I have been lifting and lifted hard Fridaybut feel like I have reinjured my hernia. Pain at incision, but not in groin like before. Two days of agonizing and achy pain. I have mesh i side but what are chances of tearing this? I am very scared and feel foolish. Thanks for your time.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Pain at the hernia site should always be evaluated ASAP.
This should be seen by your surgeon preferably.
There is a good chance that you may have injured yourself and damaged the mesh as well but there is also some chance that, that may not be the case.
So the best thing is to have this evaluated ASAP and stop doing the heavy exercise that you have been doing right away.
Meanwhile for the pain you can take something like over-the-counter ibuprofen or naproxen to help.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.
Kind regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below as that is the only way I am rated for helping you out.
Kind regards