Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Can I still get an rx generic of estratest? I have

Customer Question

Can I still get an rx for the generic of estratest? I have lost my insurance and I am extremely desperate. After a hysterectomy at 35 it is the only thing that made me feel human!!!! Being off now for 8 months it's starting to cause problems with my husband and my attitude with my kids. Not to mention the fatigue
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Are you asking whether the generic of Estratest is still available?
Or are you asking whether you can get a prescription for the drug through this site?
Or are you asking whether your doctor would still consider prescribing the drug after you have been off the drug for 8 months?
I have not heard back regarding a clarification of what question you are asking, so will try to address each.
A generic form of Estratest is still available. The number of manufacturers has diminished over the years, but it is still available.
If you were asking for a prescription through this service, that would not be possible. As a controlled substance, it can only be prescribed after a face-to-face evaluation.
Whether your doctor would be willing to continue prescribing the Estratest is a more complicated issue. There is increasing evidence that estrogen replacement after menopause carries significant risk, including heart disease and breast cancer, and it is recommended that it be avoided. If it cannot be avoided, the use should be limited to the shortest possible duration of treatment. Doctors will typically prefer to try alternative methods for relief of symptoms before using Estratest.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.