Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Well notice ridges on top of my scalp thought it was

Customer Question

Hello well notice ridges on top of my scalp thought it was from wearing ponytail in the day time for the past 30 years am concern why this ,i think they have been there maybe for a few years ,not painful no headaches .dont take any medicine age 57 did bang my head with a formica cabinet as I was coming up thought i was going to faint , i dont know if that caused it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

banging your head on a formica cabinet would have caused a pump on your scalp in one area.

you say you are feeling ridges on your scalp?

how many ridges are you feeling?

which way are they running? from front to back?

do you have a doctor you can feel your scalp?

we can't examine you like this over the internet.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Like you say, the ridges are not painful and they have not caused you a headache or caused you any symptoms whatsoever, I would not worry whatsoever.I do not think it is anything serious or anything to worry about.It may have been due to wearing a ponytail but again nothing serious.I would however like that you should be examined by your doctor just to be on the safe side.Let me know if you have more questions.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.Kind regards