Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

At age 10 = 1964 i had 5+ symptoms of Hypoglycemia, cept Parents

Customer Question

at age 10 = 1964 i had 5+ symptoms of Hypoglycemia, cept Parents convinced M.D. i hav my Twins Epilepsy, so that's what i was treated for)~:{ i eat bowl of cherrios & hav Nose bleed in sleep! & can eat 1/2 tsp of cook'd oatmeal, on !empty stomach & hav a blakout, in '63 i had pronounced RLS~ignored, cept all my life ben Low Fe// this wk asked opinion of Neuro/~ to give me EEG, i bet all of planet has a bad EEG to prove chance of Epil~ Cept i hav too many sympts of Reactive-Hypo~ cept shake'g & anxiety. I Need a real check for Hypoglycemia, i think~! i've ben o low dose of a:Dilantin, & for awhile once Tegretol/ cept now bak on Dilantin ??my parents attitude for decades,, never has spoken w/me in conversation about Anythng, esp'lly my hobbies, except to give Acqusations:~( bigest diff my twin born w/ umbilical around his neck. i'm 6'3" 170# ***** w/pulz 50-60 avg
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

hypoglycemia is very easy to check for

a simple finger blood test when you have your symptoms can check for hypoglycemia

just go to the doctors and ask for a simple finger blood glucose test

or ask to borrow a home glucose monitor to check your sugar levels at home

have you had your blood glucose levels checked before?