Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

It feels like something is sticking in my throat, like a popcorn

Customer Question

It feels like something is sticking in my throat, like a popcorn kernl My ent said I have some grainy tissue in my throat and said it should be smooth. I'm treating it with salt water gargle for another month, then may need to get biopsy. Any other treatment?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
I am sorry that no doctor has yet responded, but it is difficult to be precise over the internet, since we are unable to perform an examination.
If the area looks worrisome, then it would be appropriate to biopsy the lesion if it does not quickly resolve. If the areas looks to be inflammatory, then a short course of steroids may be helpful, but since the doctor did not comment upon the use of steroids, that would suggest that it did not have the appearance of inflammation. If the area is from irritation related to acid reflux, then a medicine to suppress stomach acid also might be an option, but the doctor apparently did not see any evidence of acid reflux. If you are having other symptoms of acid reflux, then that would suggest that using a medicine to suppress stomach acid would be reasonable, such as omeprazole or esomeprazole.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.