Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

In 1999 I had a heart attack, it was a blood clot in the lower

Customer Question

In 1999 I had a heart attack, it was a blood clot in the lower part of my heartIn 2010 It was diagnosed that one of the valves in my heart was not running the same as the other one, it was out of sequence.In 2014 I had gout and my doctor prescribed Vimovo 500mg/20mg naproxen/esomeprazol for the gout.Now I have a problem with the valve, it is only opening one third of the way and I need a operation to replace the valve in my heart.I have read on the internet, that Vimovo should not be taken if you have heart problems.Is this correct ???? as I would not take it again if I have gout.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your question.
Well, Vimovo contains naproxen and esomeprazole magnesium.
It may cause an increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke, which can be fatal.
It is advised that patients, with heart disease should not take this combination.
It can increase the chance of a heart attack or stroke, which can be fatal.
It can also increase the chance of stomach and intestinal problems, such as bleeding or an ulcer.
You can take OTC Tylenol. It is used to treat mild to moderate pain.
Yes, your reading is absolutely correct, and please don't take Vimovo.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.