How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17552
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About 40mins ago I accidentally swallowed a small amount of

Customer Question

About 40mins ago I accidentally swallowed a small amount of water that had some Earths Choice Dishwashing Concentrate (that had been diluted) in it that I was unaware of until I noticed the strange taste when I swallowed it. Because it had been diluted I wasn't too concerned, checked the bottle and immediately drank a glass of water as instructed followed by a few more glasses. Since then I have been steadily having small amounts to drink and my bowels have moved with soft motion 3 times. Maybe because this has made me anxious over whether I should have sought medical advice. I keep getting the strange tase in the back of my throat. Please advise if any different or further action should be taken.Thank you.
Beverley Delaney
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
The interventions that you have done are usually the only interventions that are necessary for ingestion of this product. There is no risk associated with ingestion, although it can cause some local irritation in the mouth and throat.
If there continues to be a strange taste, it would be reasonable to continue to frequently flush the mouth, either by drinking water or wishing and gargling water. Some people also may find it soothing to drink some milk, which can coat the throat better than plain water.
If there is any ongoing irritation of the mouth, which may occur in people that are more sensitive to the product, it is recommended that the individual be seen, but when there is a serious reaction, it would usually cause more symptoms than what you describe.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.