Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Treatment ? Read Tetracycline/ Doxycycline

Customer Question

treatment for collembolla? Read Tetracycline/ Doxycycline kills bacteria that aids in reproduction of springtail wolbachia. True?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an incurable infectious disease for 10 years. I was diagnosed with scabies not testing done by primary. Applied permethrin at least 6 times. Kept getting reinfected. Prescribed ivermectin and permethrin. Did not work. Infectious disease and dermatologist said not scabies. Had skin biopsy negative. Stool for ova parasite negative. My 8 month daughter is showing symptoms such as track marks. Looks like cuts that scab. Whatever I have had a life cycle and I can not get rid of it. My environment has been contained with clove oil spray and diatom ous earth- non toxic algae powder. What does work to kill is DE and clove but on skin I made a paste and it did not work. I still felt nocturnal activity and had more track marks. I am desperate. Please help. I need medicine that will stop sugar uptake, strong antifungal, antibacterial antiparasitic internal and external body. I Also developed intolerance allergy to corn gluten milk citrus products . Please help desperate. Worried about my 8 month old and her outcome. My stuff has been incurable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What medicine can stop sugar entering bloodstream? I also have allergy sugar plus it makes the activity worse lots of crawling biting sensation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to starve what I have Bc it lives off of what I eat without starving myself. Key is stop sugar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not a hookworm per infectious disease doctor. It must be a Hexapod. It's not psychological bc my daughter has the similar markings with life cycle starts different time.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
There are limited studies looking at treatment of collembola/wolbachia. However, what I can find discusses the use of tetracycline with rifampin, rather than tetracycline or doxycycline alone.
There is a medicine, called acarbose, which helps to limit glucose absorption, primarily by blocking the breakdown of starch. It is primarily marketed for diabetes and I do not see any studies in your clinical situation, but it is the closest to what you are requesting.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this combo leads to sterile springtails. Will they be eliminated? The study says
the consequence of this elimination was total sterility of all individuals, despite the continuation of normal egg production. So if there is normal egg production they will still exist on body?
There is not data on humans to be able to say with certainty, or even a good probability. The best that can be said is that it is reasonable to try the combination of a tetracycline with rifampin, and that the combination is more likely to be effective than a tetracycline alone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Isn't doxycycline a type of tetracycline? Can tetracycline be even prescribed anymore? I am breastfeeding. What are treatment options for a 8 month old?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm planning to stop breastfeeding next month but still do not know how I can treat my baby safely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to prescribe medicine Call into pharmacy?
Yes, doxycycline is a type of tetracycline, which is why I said to combine a tetracycline with rifampin.
Tetracycline can be prescribed, but doxycycline is easier to take, so is more often used. However, in breastfeeding mothers, the tetracycline does not get to the infant and well as does doxycycline. There still is some concern about tetracycline in breastfeeding mothers, but is generally considered OK.
It is not recommended to give tetracycline or doxycycline to an 8 month old. Since there is limited studies, there is no evidence to support an antibiotic regimen that is equivalent that can be used in an 8 month old, but the usual substitution for a tetracycline in an 8 month old would be to use erythromycin. However, I cannot find any studies on the use of erythromycin for this issue.
We cannot call in prescriptions through this site. At JustAnswer, we can just provide answers.