Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am a 24 year old male who was overweight (270 pounds).

Customer Question

Hi,I am a 24 year old male who was overweight (270 pounds). After ejaculating, I felt a tug on my right pelvis and my right testicle started rising (this was end of february). I got an ultrasound and it said my testicles were healthy, but I had a small inguinal hernia on my left side and small (3ML) hydrocele on my right side. Anyways, my doctor ordered me to 1) lose 40 pounds, 2) continually ejaculate (I do twice a day) and 3) strengthen my Abs.So I have been doing all of these things (I am roughly 230 pounds now), but I still felt pressure once in a while and both my testicles recently started feeling tender (slightly more on the left one). So I saw a surgeon and he said I didn't need surgery, that instead I had tendonitis on both sides. He instructed me to stretch alot and apply cold packs to my groin. I am slightly concerned about the tenderness and was wondering if there was any explanation for this?Thank you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Do you have any lower back pain?
Any radiating pain your legs?
The testicular pain can also come from the lower spine --sacral spine since the nerves come from there.
Any arthritis or herniated disc can cause pressure on the nerves and constant pain.
This is better checked by the MRI scan of the lower spine.
Physical therapy, epidural steroid injection will help in that case.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)