Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Last March I developed bad rush on my genitals, was treating

Customer Question

Last March I developed bad rush on my genitals, was treating it wit Ketaconazole cream for almost a year. Recently I had thrush in my mouth which I treated with oral nystatin
Some time ago my doctor took e candida blood test and said I have some fungus. That time I felt physically bad, now better. I am afraid I have candida, but my doctor is not a specialist, infectious desease doctor said she does not know what it is.
I am paranoid about HIV. Did three oral quick tests, All were negative. But I heard that candida is Typical for people with HIV. What do you think?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions
Candidiasis is a common finding in people with HIV infection.
HIV-negative people may experience candidiasis when their immune systems are temporarily depressed by factors such as stress, smoking or alcohol, or medical conditions such as diabetes.
Small amounts of the candida fungus are present in the mouth of most healthy people.Certain illnesses, stress, medications or certain conditions can disturb the delicate balance, causing the yeast to grow out of control, causing infection in the mouth.
At the age of 73,your immunity may be comparatively low & hence you are more prone for the candida infections.
So having a candidia infection does not mean that you are having HIV infection.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert