Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I was recently told by my doctor that i have pre-diabetes.

Customer Question

hello,
i was recently told by my doctor that i have pre-diabetes. with a fasting a1c of 5.8. that was a month ago and since then I've lost 14 pounds and working out regularly. Ive recenty notice a change in my skin. Seems to look flushed and feels really warm king of even has a tingling sensation in some areas too. I've had this issue on and off for the past 2 years, but recently seems to have gotten worse.I'm wondering if that something that is associated with being pre-diabetic?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is not a typical indication of pre diabetes, which has no symptoms.
I would have your doctor:
run thyroid studies
do all routine labs and urinalysis.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.