Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

37-year-old female, persistent right flank pain days…

Customer Question

37-year-old female, persistent right flank pain for five days… Pain level consistent not controlled by painkillers. Puffiness around eyes and complaint of frontal headache. Urine output has not decreased, darker urine presentat beginning of day, lightens throughout. History of previous kidney stones and endometriosis
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, Persistent right flank pain, puffiness definitely point to the kidney problem. Kidney infection or pyelonephritis is a common condition. Next is obstruction of the kidney known as hydronephrosis from the stone in the ureter. The next possibility can be glomerulonephritis or inflammation of the filtering apparatus in the kidney. This is caused by the immune system mediated damage to the kidney tissues. Certain medications like ibuprofen also can caue tubal necrosis or decay of the water flowing system in the kidney. Given these serious possibilities, she should go to the ER for further testing. Blood and urine tests, a CT scan will be required. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)