Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Just snorted 1 gram of cocaine

Customer Question

Just snorted 1 gram of cocaine
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have used cocaine socially for awhile .. So it's not my first time having that much . For sure but I want to go to sleep now and I snorted it all within three hours.
I took 400 mg Seriquill .
My concern is that I'm addicted to pain killers and I took about 15-20 narcos today ending about 7pm tonight.Does that add any increased potential for overdose or does that not have much to do w anything now.
I take 20/ day a lot so that's not that much for me .
It's the cocaine I'm worried about and didn't know if the combination and the toll both have taken on my body for one day . Is too much .Please answerI feel fine except for my heart racing obviously. Don't feel fine but I meant considering.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It is true that taking high doses of multiple medicines will increase the risk of overdose. With multiple drugs in the system, overdose symptoms may occur at a lower dose than if each drug were taken separately. It is also true that some people can develop tolerance and tolerate a dose that would be very risky for others. But it is difficult for a doctor to know your level of tolerance.
The usual advice for someone that has taken the amount of drugs that you have taken is that they should be seen. If you have personal experience with taking this amount of drugs, that might be different, but since you are asking the question, it would appear that you do not have that personal experience.
Therefore, it would be wise for you to be seen.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I die in my sleep if I go to bed now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken them both together.( only like 4-5 times though) but the pain killers have been out of my system since like 11-12pm.. That would have been 4 hours which is thief length usually.
It is possible with any overdose situation, which is why it is better to be seen. The amount of risk is directly related to the amount of tolerance that you have developed.