Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm having chest pain in the middle of my chest below my breast

Customer Question

I'm having chest pain in the middle of my chest below my breast near upper stomach feels like an ache that radiates and then goes into the middle of my back I've taken pepto thinking its gastric related but it's still there should I be worried ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Gastritis ot stomach inflammation from food or viral infectino can cause this commonly.
If the pain is less in intensity, then over the counter pepcid 2 tablets can be tried.
Pepcid is stronger than pepto.
However, perforating stomach ulcer is a serious concern if the pain is worsening or no improvement at all in an hour.
Acute pancreatitis or inflammation of the pancreas also can present with similar symptoms.
Hence, if the pain is worsening or significantly debilitating, then you should be concerned and seek medical attention in the emegency room.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)