This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
This is not depression related alone --more than that.
such a significant weight loss requires thorough work up.
Several possibilities as below:
1. swallowing difficulty due to the inflammation in esophagus --reflux esophagitis common cause.
other causes include esophageal contraction problem, or a tumor or polyp can be cancerous as well.
Upper GI endoscopy, and CT scan of the head and neck are required.
2. Stroke affecting the swallowing muscles --should be considered and a MRi scan of the brain required.
3. Colon cancer --colonoscopy required.
4. Liver problem -- hepatitis can be viral
or fatty infiltration or from autoimmune
disorder or even from cancer.
Hence, blood tests -liver function test and a CT scan of the abdomen with contrast.
5. Chronic pancreatitis can affedt your eating habits and causes weight loss.
Please consult with a gastroenterologist for further evaluation soon.
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)