Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My name is ***** ***** am a 30 year old female.I have been

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** am a 30 year old female.I have been reading a lot online about aspergers. and i believe I may have it . however i am 30 years old and don't know how i would get diagnosed.
when i was a 18months old I was diagnosed with temper tantrum epilepsy, and was on and off tegratol till i was 14. I had and still have an issue with the sound of my brother chewing and sometime my nephew and step dad. when i was a kid i found it hard to control my anger and anxiety over it. but have learned to control myself as I've gotten older. I don't like being touched unexpectedly. i am aromantic and can not stand being in romantic relationships, I hate when partners hold my hand in public and touch me intimetly without my permission. I hate pet names too. i don't seem to understand why they do these things.
I hate talking on the phone.i avoid it as much as i can and never on the phone longer than a few minutes.
I find that keeping conversations going beyond standard small talk difficult.
I write a daily to do list ,shopping list. weekly to do list. and write down routines and plan.
I don't know when people are flirting with me.
I have an addictive personality. I find a hobby or a pass time i enjoy and it tends to become abig part of my life. and i feel sad and anxious if i can't do it.
I've always felt different to everyone else. people seem to socialise so naturally and i really have to focus .
I believe that I may have been miss diagnosed as a kid. and wish to find out for certain. can you please give me some advise on how i can find out for sure
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
yes, you could have asperger's syndrome
you have some characteristics of being on the autism type spectum.
here is more good information for you on aspergers
http://psychcentral.com/lib/symptoms-of-aspergers-disorder/000877
not liking being touched, not liking talking on the phone and not liking social situations and having anxiety can be symptoms
the only way to know for sure is to see a psychiatrist and get a proper evaluation and diagnosis
are you willing to see a psychiatrist and get a full evaluation?